PW Titan Gold Parents -
Thanks for helping to make this an awesome season. Reminder that we will meet tomorrow from 5:00-6:00 at our regular West Senior practice location.
Some of the items we hope to give kids haven't come in yet... we hope to get them by tomorrow.
Please wash your players gear and have this stuff ready to hand in:
- Clean Helmet (remove decals, sticky goo, mouthguards, nametags and chin stap if it isn't the original)
- Shoulder pads
- Game Jersey (white)
- Practice Jersey (gray)
- Football Pants (black)
TCYFA Families -
Oct. 7th - Each team will have a coach or parent volunteer pick up all fundraiser items for your team at the YMCA South. The pick up person should take items to practice (hopefully the same day) and distribute to all players. See your coach for specific details and times on when your team will get their items.
Oct. 12th - Players need to deliver items and collect money ASAP and return all money to the head coach (or volunteer they designate) by October 12th. Please label your envelope properly.
Thanks to everyone that participated!
Titans Gold Parents –
Sorry for not getting the communication out earlier this week.
We still need some parent volunteers! Please sign up/type your name in here where you can see what holes are still open. https://tinyurl.com/rttbvfhv
Parents are also welcome to organize drinks/pre-packaged stuff for kids after games, but right now we really need help with a parent filming so coaches don’t have to do it from the field.
Here are the important details as we get ready for Saturday’s game:
We play against Glen Lake, but the game is AT BENZIE HS/MS on Homestead Rd. The game field is just to the left (west) of the school. Kick off will be by 10:30, we will meet to warm up at 9:45… there are fields to the left (west) of the game field we will meet on to warm up. Please remember to bring cash for gate admission (this will be the case every week).
Please make sure your player leaves the house with:
White game Jersey
Black football pants
Waterbottle (put your name on it)
Other game notes:
- The league has asked for no post game handshakes going forward (COVID?), so teams will wave after the game
- Remind your son not to share waterbottles with other players on the sidelines
- Remind your son to ‘listen’ on the sideline and to be ready… coaches said we had multiple times they called for players to go in the game last week, but they never came (either weren’t listening or didn’t want to go in). We are going to run the “A” and “B” groups we used in practice this week, so kids should be familiar with how/when they get on the field but they need to be ready for adjustments.
- These kids have gotten SO much better in practice this week; now we really hope they carry it over to the game situations. Please remind them that games are just like practice and to go fast and have fun with it (we definitely had a lot of nervous guys in their first game last week). We are almost 100% on ALIGNMENT on offense and defense (players knowing where to line up / start). We aren’t there on ASSIGNMENT yet with everyone (their job after the snap), but please remind your child on the way to the game if they aren’t sure during a play, just to the following: On OFFENSE – BLOCK someone. It may not be the ‘right’ guy, but if they block someone it always helps the TEAM. On DEFENSE – TACKLE… just tackle the guy with the ball… it’s everyone’s job! BLOCK & TACKLE… that’s it!
Pictures – you can still order team and individual pictures if you missed it earlier. Just go to Scarlett’s page here and click ‘buy’ on the pictures you want - https://photographybyscarlett.shootproof.com/gallery/15847790/
I have not received confirmation from Threads on delivery of our team gear (still having supplier issues).